Politecnico di Torino (POLITO) organised 2 two-day sandpits (on February 8th-9th and on February 22nd-23rd, 2018), hosted at Valentino Castle (39, Viale Mattioli, Turin, Italy).
In these sandpits four core themes were covered:
- Energy efficiency and using less
- Competitive, secure, low-carbon energy supply
- Energy system optimisation and smart technologies
- Transport sector decarbonisation.
The main goal of the SHAPE ENERGY sandpits is to bring people together who are interested in improving and innovating and who, crucially, are currently or have recently been involved in EU-funded projects on similar topics as the main subject of the sandpits. In line with one of the SHAPE ENERGY project objectives of reaching a higher integration of Social Sciences and Humanities(SSH) into energy- and transport-related projects for Horizon 2020 and beyond, the events aimed at:
- reflecting on current direction and task in individual projects;
- generating concrete ideas for increasing impacts on society;
- experiencing innovative methods of interdisciplinary and cross-sector working within energy and transport projects;
- meeting cross-Europeans collaborators in a stimulating environment and generating future project ideas for progressing energy related topics.
More information about the event is available HERE.